Friday, August 14, 2015

The Break, and the light at the end of the tunnel.

Today, I'm about to go see my Dad, MY Dad that has recovered faster than most people. My Dad and Perry are the only ones that have recovered this fast from the TAH surgery, so all of us are crossing our fingers that he will recover just as fast as Perry (2 weeks untill he could be accepted to get a transplant, and another month and a half before he was let loose.). Most of the nurses and Doctors have been in and out, astonished at how fast everything is passing by. Most of the time, the people that get this surgery don't wake up until the day after.(And even then, most of the time they are not themselfs) Most people don't get their breathing tube out until the 3rd day. Most people cant talk for atleast 4 days. My dad did all of those things in the first day, and was awake an hour and a half after the surgery(and was himself, I could tell by the tongue sticking out and the heavy metal sign. Also, he made the number 42 with his hands.) , and had his tube out 6 hours after the surgery, and was breathing on his own.

Yesterday, and today, I am very proud of my Dad, and I'm even more proud to call him my Dad. This fun loving guy, was given the wrong set of cards when he was born, but instead of getting depressed, or not doing what he needed to do, he traveled with us to get to where he needed to be. He fixed his own food so he could eat healthy, he kept up with his weight, and his blood pressure every day, and sometimes, he knows more about his own problem then some of the doctors know. He has done EVERYTHING he could possibly do to give him a better shot at this, and it finally payed off. I am proud of my dad because he has done all of these things, and is pushing through faster than most people.

Last night was a happy night for my whole family, my Mom's side of the family was gathered in a house yesterday, waiting for the call to hear that he was OK and was out of the surgery. My Dad's side also was gathered, and waiting for that call. Both sides were constantly giving money to help with the medical bills and every day expenses we struggle to pay off, both sides were constantly texting and giving love and assurance. And, it was not just our family's that have done all of this. His friends, our friends, have given more and more money, and offering to travel to come stay at the house and take care of the dog and us, everyone, EVERYONE we know has given such love that the four of us are dazed at how many people have offered to give.

Last night was a good night, but it is not over yet. Everyone is happy with how last night turned out, but we still have a long road ahead of us. We have the recovery to get through, and we have a crazy road ahead of us. That is all the time I have right now, I plan to keep on posting.
Thanks for reading and all of the support!

Rich

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us up to date, Rich! I'm so proud of all of you. Your are right...your dad rocks!! I'm looking forward to your next post. Prayers and hugs coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant you are right...not your are right! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete